STAY HEALTHY AND HAPPY THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
By Society Insurance
It is quickly cooling down and families are eager to deck the halls with their favorite holiday decorations. This is a joyous time to be surrounded by loved ones, but it is common for people to fall ill to winter colds and face unwanted weight gain. Society Insurance encourages its clients to promote overall health and wellness during the holidays, while still enjoying a cookie or two.
As temperatures drop, here are some tips to stay healthy:
● Dress Warmly: Protect skin by wearing appropriate gloves, hats, scarves, boots, etc.
● Hot Showers: Showering before bed allows the steam from the heat to help sinuses drain and get rid of that stuffy feeling.
● Sleep Schedules: Keep the body regulated by being consistent on the time you go to bed and wake in the morning .
● Treat Yourself/De-Stress: Take some personal time this holiday season and let go of the guilt for finally relaxing and having time to relieve some stress. This is much deserved after working so hard throughout the year.
● Vaccinations: Consider getting a flu shot. Many employers offer this as a free service.
Enjoy those tempting meals with these tips on keeping good eating habits this holiday season:
● Bring a Dish: Bring a healthy option so it’s available to not only the other guests but also provides a healthy alternative for oneself.
● Limit Drinks: Although holiday parties are a time for celebrating, set a limit of around two drinks. Alcoholic beverages are high in calories.
● Small Plates: Most people fill their plates. Grab a small plate instead of a larger one to monitor food portions. Once finished, wait around 10 minutes to decide if you’re still hungry and want more.
This information is provided as a convenience for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute legal or professional advice. It is provided to assist you in recognizing potential unsafe work problems or conditions and not to establish compliance with any law, rule or regulation.
Click to learn more: Society Insurance | Specialized Business Insurance Coverage